Treyson, Lea, Deidre, RJ, Blakelee, Kaiden

Friday, August 1, 2008

Baseball is OVER!!!!!!





We just finished baseball (finally). Since February we have been doing baseball non-stop. I was elected to the Little League Board last year, I also thought it would be fun to coach Kaiden's boys machine pitch team (I coached Treyson's last year and we won the end of the year tourney). Well it was alot different coaching Kaiden than Treyson. This will explain Kaiden. My sister Sharla bought him a shirt that reads "I don't have ADHD it's just....Look there's a rabbit" Anyway, it was definitely interesting. I think he was the comic relief for the whole season, which was nice since the boys were 6-8 years old. Someone asked me why I coached baseball instead of girls softball, let me just say 5 words "There's no crying in baseball". RJ coaches a Major League boys team (10-12 year olds), after losing every game for the last 3 years they won their last season game, and then won the league tourney, it was awesome. Treyson was league age 9 so he played on a minor league team. He did a great job. He was their number one pitcher. His coach said that he had never seen anything like Treyson pitching, the faster he throws the more accurate he is. Trey's team also won the end of the season tourney. Treyson also made the 9-10 year old All-Star team. They played for a week in Cedar City and were the consolation champs (which I think is really good considering they played Cedar and St. George teams) We had 55 kids to pick from and St. George and Cedar have over 500. Lea played T-Ball this year. She definitely is more suited to be a cheerleader (dang it). After she hit the ball and while she was running the bases she would purposely knock her helmet off so she could flip her hair while she ran. How did I end up with a girly-girl. So between the 4 teams schedules and me being on the little league board, we were at the baseball park Monday-Friday and all day Saturday. Man I am sure glad it is over. We just finished baseball on July 24th and school starts August 14th, so we really only get 3 weeks of summer vacation.

No comments: