Treyson, Lea, Deidre, RJ, Blakelee, Kaiden

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Harvest Time





Since moving to Utah I have found my new love in life "Gardening". Our house is on 1 acre, so we have lots of room to grew stuff. I love being outside in the garden, it truly helps me keep my temper down. After I run in the mornings I usually spend 1-4 hours outside doing "stuff". We have grown a garden for the last 3 years and every year it gets bigger and better. Like anything else it takes awhile to figure it all out, you can't just throw seeds in the ground, there really is alot more to it. Most of the garden is in sweet corn, then we also have summer squash, cucumbers, watermelon, sweat peas, red potatoes, tomatoes, cherry tomatoes and green onions. In the back yard along the barn we have raspberry bushes. I also have quite a few flower beds and pots. I really could spend all day outside and never do another dish again. Above are just a few things we picked this morning. Lea is holding the raspberries, Blakelee and Lea are holding green beans, Kaiden's in the corn patch, and Kaiden helped me pick a cucumber, some summer squash, and a few cherry tomatoes. Look at the last picture, I only planted two squash plants because I'm the only one who likes it and I pick about this many every 2-3 days.

9 comments:

allison said...

Yea! so fun to look at...i waste way too much time blog-stocking! your garden looks fabulous, i'm jealous. it was great catching up with you the other day...don't be such a stranger!

Crouch6 said...

Deidre, I was honestly just thinking about you guys the other day! We are good. Staying really busy. If you guys ever venture down to Vegas give us a call! Your kids are all so big! We just got out of diapers too. Isn't it a great feeling.

jenn&theboys said...

It was good to hear from you and fun to see how big all your kids have gotten. Talon and Kelton are here now everyone is growing up too fast. Check out our blog I sent you the link.

..toni.. said...

Deidre!! I have been thinking about your family the last couple months and wondering if you blog. SO happy to finally find you! YOur family is as beautiful as ever and I LOVE that there is someone else out there who is a little bit obsessed with gardening and being outside... I do miss our walks and half-runs. Good for you for keeping it up. I am not so good at doing it cuz I know you are not waiting for me on the corner! I really miss Reno...or maybe it's just the people I miss!!

Julie Moore said...

Yay - I'm so glad you found us and we can keep in touch through the wonderful world of blogging! Your family is too cute, fun to see little Blakelee - what a doll! Congrats on no more diapers, that's fantastic - can't wait for that in a few years. And your garden looks amazing - I LOVE it!! Big hugs from us to you!

KAMIE said...

GREAT TO SEE YOU D!!!
Check out our blog at www.kkharris.blogspot.com

holmesfamily8 said...

Hey! I just saw the comment you made on Julie Moore's blog and thought I would look you up. Your kids are getting SO BIG! I didn't know you had another little girl. I am jealous of all your gardening. We live in Vegas, and have a tiny little "rock" yard. Hopefully not much longer. Great to see you!

Juliette Holmes

Heather said...

Deidre - I am so excited that you are doing a blog. I am always asking Allison if she has talked to you and what you guys are up to. I cannot believe how big the girls are; they are too cute!!

Your garden is awesome - I need to start planting veggies...all I do is flowers, but I love them! I think it's relaxing to work outside. Ryon, of course, loves it because I mow the lawns!

We sure do miss having you in Reno, but I'm so glad that we can keep in touch via the blogs! Love ya, Ryon and Heather

Kim said...

Glad you're up to speed with the blogging world finally! Your garden looks awesome. We should be getting corn in another week or too but my zucchini and tomato plants have crapped out on me. But my strawberries are great. Good luck